We launched ‘The Anglesey Cider Project’ to make use of the many apples & pears grown on the island that were going to waste. By making a plea via social media for local residents to contact us if they had unwanted fruit, we were overwhelmed by people offering their surplus.
So began the task of picking and collecting the fruit from all over the island. This ranged from single garden trees to larger orchards, some of which were located in Red Squirrel Woodland areas across Anglesey which became the inspiration behind the Jaspels logo.
Jaspels Craft Cider is made using a handmade wooden press method combined with modern fermenting and blending techniques to produce a wide variety of unique tasting and award winning ciders. As we rely on apple donations to make our products we can never repeat the exact recipe for each year and that makes Jaspels Craft Cider pretty special. “A True Taste of Anglesey”
Our list of ‘Apple Donors’ is growing each year and as a “Thank You” we give back some of the finished cider the following Spring.
Our aim is to plant orchards all over Anglesey and develop more products as volume increases.
We now have a cider shop and tasting bar at our production premises and occasionally host cider press demonstration days – See Facebook for updates.
Janet & Ade
Click the images to enlarge and view as a slideshow.
More about Jaspels Craft Cider
AddressUnit 3-4, Site 9, Amlwch Business Park, Amlwch LL68 9BH
Opening hoursSee Facebook or website for up to date shop and tasting bar opening times
- Welsh Perry and Cider Society Championships 2017
- Dry Draught Cider Category – Silver Medal for HERITAGE
- Best Newcomer Cider Producer 2017
- Sustainable Business Winner – Sustainable Academy Awards Cardiff
- Theo Paphitis – Small Business Sunday Winner #SBS
- The Marram Grass – Newborough
- Bryn Celyn Farmshop – Dulas Bay
- Lligwy Beach Café – Nr Moelfre
- Wavecrest Café – Church Bay
- Tredici Deli – Beaumaris
- Wayside Stores – Rhosneigr
- Ann’s Pantry – Moelfre
- The Lobster Pot – Church Bay
- Oyster Catcher – Rhosneigr
- The White Eagle – Rhoscolyn
- Lastra Farm Hotel – Amlwch